We’re delighted to say that the government has finally given all B&Bs the green light to reopen as of July the 4th, and we are really looking forward to being able to welcome guests into Millstream Cottage again – it’s been too long!
You can be assured you’ll still experience the same warm, homely welcome and stay in our lovely cottage, but we’ve had to make few changes to reduce any risks to both you and ourselves, and to make sure your stay is a safe one too – we’re confident you’ll understand and appreciate why these changes have had to happen.
We have conducted an extensive risk assessment and implemented any changes needed to keep you safe and well, and here are just some of the measures we have put in place:
• Hand sanitiser is available in all bedrooms and communal areas
• We have removed the guest information pack from each bedroom, but we will email it to you when you book
• We will carry out a thorough deep clean on each guest room when it is vacated, and will, whenever possible, leave that room free for as long as possible between guest stays
• Communal areas and common touchpoints will be thoroughly cleaned
• The daily room service is suspended however, any cleaning requirements will be agreed at check in
• The breakfast buffet items such as fresh fruit, cereal, yoghurts, fruit juice etc. have been removed, but you can pre order them the night before. We will be replacing this with table service only
• We will stagger breakfast times as much as possible to minimise the number of guests dining at the same time
• There will still be complementary milk in the mini fridge on request and labelled for each room
• There are still complementary tea, coffee, biscuits and toiletries in the room, and they will be topped up whenever requested. These will all be replaced with a fresh set in each room after guests check out
• Guest arrival times will be staggered
• PPE will be worn when appropriate
Finally, please be aware that the current government guidelines are as follows:
• If a guest is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 during their stay, they should inform us, immediately self-isolate and request a test
• Guests who test positive for COVID-19 should return home if they can do so safely, and if not, they should work with us and local health care professionals
• The guest will be expected to pay the costs of an extended stay in all but exceptional circumstances
We have done our best to eliminate as much risk as we can to you, to other guests and to ourselves, and we hope you are reassured by these measures. We want your stay to be enjoyable, relaxing, comfortable, and safe, and look forward to meeting you.
Paula and Phil